Saturday, March 29, 2014

Just Us Girls #234

Hello and Happy Saturday!! I'm so glad to have ended that work week! It was a tough one, but today is a day for creativity!  I finished this card last night for the Just Us Girls wild card challenge.  It's the 5th Saturday in a month and Marisa has this great challenge!  Make a tall and skinny card. Please see our blog for details on playing along and for much inspiration from the DT gals!
 Now, for the confession-I sort of goofed on the challenge and I hope Marisa (our lovely hostess) won't send the challenge police after me-my card does not quite meet her dimensions as listed on the blog.  Sorry Marisa-I read the post too quickly!
For my card base I used one of the many greens I own-perhaps lucky limeade or kiwi kiss or even one of Papertrey Ink's greens.  Sewed onto that is PTI designer paper in Simply Chartreuse.  The image is layered on Harvest Gold (PTI) shaded with More Mustard.
My image is drawn by the amazing Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs and called Daisies Smile Upon You. You can find it HERE.http://www.whippersnapperdesigns.com/daisies-smile-upon-you-18771.html My image is stamped on watercolor paper and cut with an MFT pierced rectangle die. I used reinkers to watercolor my image.  I want to add stickles to the centers and glossy accents to the jar, but I was just out of time!
The sentiment is dotted paper from PTI in Harvest Gold also layered on Harvest Gold.
In the top picture you can see I used a Martha Stewart punch to make a white lacy edge to my card.
                                     Below you can see with the added sparkle and glossy accents!
We really hope you will join us in the challenge this week. Chic of the Week winners are eligible to become our guest designer in an upcoming month-June, this time, I think! You have until Thursday (4/3) at 9:00 pm to show us your creation!
In the meantime, have an enjoyable and creative weekend!  Thanks for stoppin by!
Cheryl

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Those were just suggestions for dimensions. LOVE your tall and skinny creations! Great papers and the lacy border is gorgeous! My favorite of the bunch :)

Lisa Kind said...

I love that image! It's so cute! The design and colors are so pretty! Lovely card Cheryl!

I had a tough week at school too. Must be testing anxiety setting in or something. Good luck next week. I'm dreading it!

sue t. said...

OMG- this card is making me smile as I write this! It is just too cute. That stamp goes on my wish list!

PS- I can often be found fudging the challenges- sometimes that creative devil just gets ahold of you and boom!! There is no telling what can happen!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a cheerful card - those smiling sunflowers are adorable!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is a happy card! Great colors, papers and that lacy border....so cute!

Sandy said...

There is nothing like a vase of smiling daisies! Very pretty and happy card!
Sandy xx

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card! The scale of the card is perfect...just as long as it's skinny it's perfect! Well done as always Cheryl..have a good week!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

You have created another beauty! So much depth in your coloring, it always leaves me in awe.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin