Saturday, June 28, 2014

JUGS #247 Photo Inspiration!

Hi everyone! I know I've been very absent for a couple of weeks and I'm so sorry!  The end of school is very hectic and I am VERY tired! This year was a difficult one and I'm so glad it's over!  Now onto Marisa's great photo challenge!  YOu're gonna love it! Please visit the BLOG to see the gorgeous photo (I want this room!) Now on to my card~~

I started with a white card base 4.25x11", then scored and folded it.  I cut a PTI cover die (zig zag) from Aqua Mist.  I also cut one from sahara sand, and grey.  Then I had some fun just playing with laying the zig zag inserts into the die cut.  For my card I ended up just using a smoky grey one. Otherwise you just see the white card base.  Then I got out some flower and leaf dies.  I ended up using a flower from My Favorite Things (Plentiful Petals) and a leaf die from Poppy stamps (gentle leaf). What did we do before we had all these dies!!??
The flower center is part of the plentiful petals die so I used a black one and covered it with black stickles. There is some sparkle to the black leaves as well. I also cut a set of flowers from dotted dp from PTI in Aqua Mist. My leaves were glued on with Monoaqua and then the flower layers after that.
I have enough zig zag pieces and flower layers to make a whole set of cards!  These colors are great!  Thanks so much to Marisa for the photo inspiration choice!!
Please do join in with us this week in the challenge!  You have until 9:00 pm on thursday, July 3 to enter.  All of our June weekly winners are in the running to be our Guest Designer in August, too! You can find all the detials of the challenge on our JUGS BLOG (linked above and here!)
Thanks for coming by today! Have a great Saturday!
Cheryl

7 comments:

Marisa said...

LOVE that chevron BG!! Fabulous touch with the added grey chevron and what a wonderful flower. Yeah for school being out for the summer - enjoy the time off!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning inspired card!! Can you please load it up over at the blog too. Thanks!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! Love the chevron background with that splash of gray. I love dies too, and don't know what I would do without them. Enjoy your summer!

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous flowers and leaves and the design on this is fab! The inspiration photo is amazing and your card so reflects it. Hugz!

Lisa Kind said...

Love your card Cheryl! I thought I had that chevron die, but alas it's one I don't own! Lol! I really like the gray stripe and your beautiful flower!

JoAnn said...

This gorgeous. Love those colors. Great take on the challenge.

Nancy said...

I LOVE those Leaves!!! I think its time for me to do some shopping! Your card background came out amazing! Well done Cheryl! I hope you can start enjoying your summer and get caught up on some much needed sleep. Take care

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin