Saturday, October 4, 2014

Just Us Girls-WORD WEEK- Celebrate!

Hello!  Just Us Girls has a fun WORD challenge for you this week-It's CELEBRATE!!  Show us ANYTHING you celebrate with a card you've made!!  There is tons of fun inspiration (and details, too) on the JUGS BLOG!  Take a look!
We are also welcoming TWO new design team members-Ina and Chris!! They do some great work!

 My card is actually a CASE of a card I've seen at our local craft store (Local being a 70 minute drive from home, but worth the trip!!)   I used a retired stamp (but I found it online!). Gotta love the internet!  I wanted to try this 'new to me' technique that the store artist had used~ coloring on craft card stock with prima pencils.  The image is stamped in black ink on kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink.  I didn't use any Gamsol, but instead went back in and blended the edges of the brown with the white colored pencil.  I love the effect.  The word 'happy' is from My Favorite things and is die cut 5 times from burgundy card stock and glued together before adhering to the card.  Dotted paper is Antique Rose from PTI and the scallop punch is from Martha Stewart.  Those vertical panels with stitching are also from MFT.
I went over his nose with gel pen and then added shine with a white pen. Also used a black sharpie to go over some of the edges and fussy cut the puppy out.
The puppy reminds me of LISA's dog-Lizzie!!

Please remember that you have until Thursday, October 9 to show us your card/project that expresses the word CELEBRATE!!
Thanks for visiting!  Cheryl

8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this cute dog - your happy is great too

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love your sweet dog and happy colors! Great card!

Ina G said...

Oh that dog would just melt your heart. Beautiful card. Love that touch of bling. Stunning finish. Love it.

Nancy said...

Cute card Cheryl!

Chris Dring said...

This is a new technique to me also, but you do it so much better! Love how your cute doggie turned out! What a fabulous card!

sue t. said...

Awesome job with the coloring! Impressive, very cute card!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What an adorable birthday card! Love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is sooo cute! Love that puppy holding the present with the fun polka dot background. I also love that bold happy die cut!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin