Monday, October 6, 2014

The Creative Blog Hop!!

A couple of weeks ago I opened my email one evening and there was an email from my friend, Diane (Cookiestamper).  She was asking to 'tap' me for the Creative Blog Hop!  It's so nice of her to think of me!
Here's Diane!



I don't think I have anything very original to say and I expect my answers will be short, but here goes!

What am I working on right now?
Right now I'm working to make order out of my 'studio'.  Oh, that's not what this means?  Ok, right now I am working on cards for the challenges for the Just Us Girls upcoming themes.  I am also trying to use some new things I've just purchased (you'll see that below), and I'm working on cards for my family with information on our Family Camping Weekend next summer!  Sort of  'Save the Date' cards, if you will!

How does my work differ from others in its genre?
I don't think my work really differs from many others.  I love to color-with copics, with reinkers, pencils, whatever!  I also love to create now with all the dies that are on the market! Whatever did we do before we had all these DIES!!?  I also love CAS styles.
I'm just a big copycat really!


Why do I create what I do?
Most people seem to have talked about their past craft lives here, and I'm no exception!  My mom was always creating something and she fed the need to create in me from an early age.  We got 'Pack 'o Fun magazine in the mail, we lived near a wood shop (building!), we were farmers (pumpkins to carve!).  I've had bags and boxes of macrame cord, brushes and paints, sketchbooks, yarns, candlemaking and any other craft supplies you can think of!
I also 'worked' the craft show circuit for awhile!  Again, with my family for support! My dad cut my wood, my mom sanded and sealed and my little sister worked the shows with me.  In general, it was called 'tole painting'. I painted Halloween items, Santas, snowmen and all things 'Country' for home decoration.

How does your creative process work?
As I mentioned, I'm a big copycat!  I'm inspired by Debbie Olsen, Nichole Heady, Kittie Caracciolo Lisa Kind, Diane herself and so, so many others!  The Featured Stamper on Splitcoast is a favorite challenge of mine!  I love Diana Crick and all the lovely Magnolia image she carries in her store! I'm proud to call her my friend!

Lisa Kind (Kind Creations) is a good friend of mine and she's the one I want to nominate for The Creative Blog Hop!
I hope she has the time in the near future to tell us all about her creative process!

Here's a card I made on Sunday:

Dave and I have a niece who is a fourth grade teacher.  this card has been on my mind for awhile now-to wish her an awesome school year!  Better late than never, right?
Images are from My Favorite Things from the set Class Act.  I saw this Graphic 45 paper at our LSS and it reminded me of a schoolgirl's skirt! The images are cut from watercolor paper, stamped with Stazon and colored with SU reinkers (and I learned from Debbie O that you can use copics where the color needs to be deepened!).  I might have done something else with the pencils, but they are covering a 'boo boo' I made with the black ink!!  That's part of the creative process too!!

If you've read all this I sure appreciate it!! Have a great day and week!
Cheryl

1 comment:

diane zechman said...

Great card, Cheryl! The paper is perfect! I would never have thought you covered up a smudge but yes, that happens! Anxious to read Lisa's too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin