Saturday, November 1, 2014

Just Us Girls- Word Challenge!

Hello!  I'm a bit late with my card, but LISA has a great word for our challenge (#265) this week- WREATHS!  You know you love them, and so do we!  Just check our BLOG Just Us Girls for some super inspiration!



                                          I'm not just ready for too much in the realm of Christmas, so I went with a fall inspired birthday card that I need for this week! Happy birthday to my friend, Carole!
I used Papertrey Ink's A Wreath for All Seasons for my focal point.  The basic twig wreath is stamped in Early Espresso, then the berries are stamped in Coastal Cabana, Summer Sunrise and Orange Zest.  My papers are white, coastal cabana, pumpkin pie and honey.
The background piece is stamped in Coastal Cabana using SUs retired flannel background-a fall and winter favorite of mine!
The sentiment is one of PTIs mini sets-Friends and it has a coordinating die which I put on the inside.
I'll get a picture posted of the inside when we get back from dinner!
I'm off for now!
Thanks for coming by and please join us this week for the challenge at Just Us Girls!! (You can win a chance to be our Guest Designer for January!!
Details are on the blog!
And. here's the inside of my card>

7 comments:

Nancy said...

You sure have an eye for color Cheryl!! This is really very pretty!!!! Well done!!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is one of my favorite color combos. I love orange and turquoise! Beautifully done....love your wreath.

Ina G said...

WOW what awesome colours you used here. Love that it is so bright and cheerful. Fabulous wreath with fabulous effect. Great layers. Perfect sentiment for a friend.

Lisa Kind said...

I was looking for that stamp set, and guess what? I don't own it! How is that possible? LOL! This is so pretty and I love how you finished the sentiment on the inside. So glad you were able to play along!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely wreath and bday card!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that twig and berry wreath! Beautiful color combo and design. Love the addition of the button with the twine and cord.

Chris Dring said...

Oh WOW! Love the colors you chose to create this masterpiece! What a gorgeous card, Cheryl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin