Sunday, November 2, 2014

Soft Snow Globe


Hi there! I'm back two days in a row!  I couldn't resist this week's featured stamper on Splitcoast when I saw a snow globe card in her gallery! I was inspired to make this card.
 I used a Just Rite background stamp (lace) on MFT pink lemonade card stock. It's stamped in Blushing Bride. I stenciled a stencil from Memory Box (birch landscape) on white paper with pool party ink and then with Adirondack Stream (did this with a stencil brush).  After I stenciled it I cut the snow globe circle from it.  I also cut a piece of white card stock with the Simon Says stamp Stitched Slopes and Hills and SSS Village.
The snow globe base is cut from some silver card stock.  I cut a piece of SU silver glitter paper to fit the back of the houses (maybe I should have used the gold?) Once that was adhered to the base I ties some silver twine around it and glitter some of the brances and housetops. My snowman is cut with PTI dies from white and then stamped with Memento black and colored with copics. He is raised on dimensionals.  The whole globe is also raised up on the pink background.  The card opens at the bottom.
Well, that's it for this time!  Thanks for coming by! gotta get ready to start the week!
Cheryl

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin