Saturday, March 28, 2015

Just Us Girls #286 Photo Inspiration Week!

Hello!  It's my week to host over at Just Us Girls! I found this fabulous (IMHO) kitchen photo on Pinterest!  I love all the wonderful details in the photo;  the colors, bunnies, flowers, jars-ALL of it!  I hope you find something that inspires you to create  a paper project!
I was inspired by the color yellow (I love yellow almost as much as aqua!) and the bunnies.  So here's my card!

 I used Barely Banana (retired SU-a color they should bring back!!)  The (sizzix folder) embossed layer is sponged with Hello Honey (SU).  At this point I decided on a hinged card.  The card front (only) is scored at 1, 25". the embossed piece was cut to fit the 'hinge' and a 4" square fits the other side.  I rounded the corners of both my card base and the embossed panel.
I found the adorable stamp on ebay (Stampa Rosa).  It's stamped with Stazon onto water color paper and watercolored with reinkers from SU.  He bunny is mounted on Pool Party.  My ribbon is from PTI.  The 'hinge' panel gets taped to the back of the card.
I hope you'll join us at the Just Us Girls challenge this Easter week!  You have until Thursday, April 2 at 9:00 pm to link up your card or project.  Details are on our blog (linked above!).
thanks for visiting! Enjoy your Saturday!  (March 28 and we got about 4" of snow last night!!!)
Cheryl

9 comments:

Christine Dol said...

Cheryl, I just love your card! The inspiration picture is perfect for inspiration! I love how you have sponged the embossed paper. LOVE the bunny how you watercoloured it! Beautiful work as always!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well color me surprised I haven't seen Barely Banana in a dog's age! And I agree, a pale yellow is missing from SU's color choices. I love the texture on your card and your beautifully colored bunny!

Ina G said...

Love the idea of the hinged card. Fabulous Inspiration photo with so much to choose from. Love the bunnie beautifully colours, that ribbon and the gorgeous embossed background.

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a beautiful card! Love the whole thing. Your focal image is beautifully colored. Love the fun embossed background too.

Becky said...

This is beautiful! Love the embossing and how you shaded it and love the adorable bunny in the basket.

Becky said...

This is beautiful! Love the embossing and how you shaded it and love the adorable bunny in the basket.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous....I never tire of your coloring Cheryl! WOW!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the fold and that cool embossed background! Your coloring is always so amazing.

Betty Wright said...

This is just precious and absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is so rich and beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin