Saturday, October 31, 2015

JUST UST GIRLS #317 WILD CARD!

Hello!  I hope I'm past a noncreative spell when work has consumeed all my time and efforts.  Each evening I look longingly and lovingly at all the stamps and dies I've purchased....
Anyway, it's a happy Saturday because though I'm late I've finished a card that ALMOST fits Sharyn's Just Us Girls challenge for the WILD CARD week-ONE LAYER! That is definitely a challenge for me!  Please check out the JUst Us Girls BLOG for more law abiding (and talented) designers than I! And here is my almost one layer card:
 I could have masked my sledder in, but with the die right at hand I didn't. Well, the card itself is one layer, right? I did use masking paper (I got mine from Simon Says Stamp) to mask off 1" edges on a top fold watercolor paper card.  I stamped some snowflakes in Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder so I could ink with my ink applicators using a Hero Arts Ombre pad.  Then I wiped ink off the snowflakes so they were white again.
I cut my Dashin By die from the same watercolor paper and colored her with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens and mounted her on dimensionals. I love cards like this when I see them online (three umbrellas -BIG, BIG hero of mine!!) but when I make one I always think I should add more! KWIM? Well, I'm going to leave this one alone!! I did add stardust stickles to the snowflakes, girl's hat and Wink of Stella to the sled runners, but that's it!
Please join in our challenge this week and enter your card/project on our BLOG. You could win a chance to be our Guest DT member in January!!
Thanks for visiting! Cheryl

6 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

It's close enough to one layer and I think it's adorable! Love the masked background! Hope your schedule eases up a bit so we can see more of your beauties!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Well, it's almost a one-layer. lol Very pretty.

Ina G said...

Just the cutiest card. Love the lovely image and background.

Julie Gearinger said...

So cute!! Love your sweet little sledder with the masked background :-) It has been so much fun designing with you this past month- hugs and have a great holiday season!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That little sledder is just darling! I love the snowflake panel, it is beautiful.

Jen Mitchell said...

Love that little sledding girl! She looks great against the snowy background!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin