Wednesday, June 1, 2016

MFT -My Favorite TREES?

Hello and thanks to those who haven't deserted me!! I've been around and busy teaching and, yes, even making some cards here and there! I also spend lots (too much!) time looking at great (awesome and perfect!) cards on Pinterest, Splitcoast, Company and DT blogs! So many wonderful cards!

 I looked back through my photos and thought that it was about time I posted something I'd made.  Above is a card I CASEd from Donna Mikasa a designer for MFT.  I loved the trees she created from My Favorite Things Tree-mendous tree dies. They started as white water color paper! so fun to color with ink applicators, sprinkle with water , more ink and white paint. The cat (cute, huh?) is from Birdie Brown Cool Cats (also MFT) and is watercolored with SU reinkers.
This card has ink applied to water color paper and then water sprinkled onto it. Another Tree-mendous tree die cut was added. I applied darker green ink to the green card stock and then sprinkled that with water, too!  The moose and owl are from Warm and Fuzzy Friends (MFT).  The background is the wood stamp from SU stamped in Early Espresso on Kraft.  the animals are watercolored with reinkers again. You'll be seeing more of these as I made about 10, not as a set, but as invitations to our family camping outing this summer!  May the Forest be with YOU!

Hoping to be back soon! Have a great rest of the week! Cheryl

1 comment:

Lisa Kind said...

I love those trees in that great color! The watercoloring is fab too! Great set to make those camping invites!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin